Heavyweights: Set 1 is the first release of the redone heavyweights. The Set features 60-cards representing heavyweight boxers whose careers started as early as the late 1800's to 1938. The boxers in this set represent a range of talent from all-time greats like Jack Johnson, Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis, Gene Tunney, and John L. Sullivan to contenders and "also-rans". Names like Tony Galento, Roland LaStarza, Harry Bobo, and Arturo Godoy will perform accurately in the ring, as will lesser lights like Lee Oma, Alberto Lovell, and Gus Dorazio. You'll also find in the Premium Heavyweights: Set 1 all the great Black fighters who, because of blatant racism, never received a chance to fight for the heavyweight title: Sam Langford, Joe Jeannette, Sam McVea, and Harry Wills. The Premium Heavyweights: Set 1 is the beginning of the heavyweight upgrades and redone cards on easier-to-read Tarot-sized cards. Set 1 of five sets will standardize the heavyweights with all the other divisions. Don't miss it!
Computer Version of New and Revised HW: Set 1
New Features that are included in the Premium Heavyweight Sets:
1. More boxer information, like height, reach, fighting weight and more.
2. All changes from Fresh to Fatigue on a boxer's card are highlighted with a gold background.
3. Counterpunch moved from the beginning of Punches Missed to the end, like all sets that followed the original heavyweights.
4. Large Tarot-size cards for easier reading of the numbers.
5. New boxers, never before carded, included in this set.
NOTIFICATION: This set is optional. If you already have previous heavyweight card sets, you can certainly keep using them. The redo was brought about primarily to bring the heavyweight division in line with all other divisions, add more fighters to the heavyweight division, and make the improvements listed above. Note that the boxer ratings in Set 1 through Set 5 will be considered the Officially Rated Cards.